The H-1B Visa
What is an O-1B artist visa?
The O-1B visa classification is a type of employment visa that applies to foreign nationals who have reached a high level of achievement in the field of fine arts or in the motion picture/television and entertainment industries, and want to continue that extraordinary work in the U.S. Our artist visa lawyers can help guide you through each step of the O-1B nonimmigrant visa application process.
What does extraordinary ability in these fields mean?
Extraordinary ability in the field of arts means to be distinguished by achievement requiring skill and recognition so as to be considered renowned, leading, or well known in the field.
Extraordinary ability in the field of motion picture and television production means having high-level accomplishment demonstrated by skill and recognition so as to be considered outstanding, leading, or notable in the field.
Who can apply?
An O-1 petition may only be filed by a U.S employer, U.S. agent, or foreign employers through U.S. agents.
What are the requirements for an O-1B visa?
Evidence of extraordinary achievement in these categories is established by demonstrating that the foreign national has been nominated for or received a significant national or international award or prize or three of any of the following:
- Previous or future performances as a lead or a starring role in productions or events and other performing arts, as shown by reviews, advertisements, or other publications
- National or internationally recognized for achievements as shown by critical reviews, major media, and other publications
- Previous or future performances as a lead, starring, or critical role for distinguished organizations or establishments as shown by newspaper articles, magazines, and other publications
- Record of major commercial or critically acclaimed successes as shown by ratings, box office receipts, magazines, and other publications
- An actual or prospective high salary
- Significant recognition for achievements from others in the field who have authority and success
- Other comparable evidence establishing eligibility
Speak with an artist visa lawyer at Bolour/Carl Immigration Group
If you have any questions about obtaining an O-1B artist or entertainment visa, please do not hesitate in contacting our artist visa lawyers. Call us at (323) 857-0034 today, or complete our online inquiry form to request a meeting or case evaluation.
We also speak Spanish and Persian for your convenience.
Family Petitions & Fiancé Visas
Work & Investor Visas
The H-1B Visa
H-2A Agricultural Visa
H-2B Visa Program – Temporary Work Visas for Seasonal Workers
E-2 & EB-5 Visas
L Visas – Visas for Managers, Executives, Specialized knowledge employees of Multinational Corporations
P-1A Sports Visa
B-1 Visa for Nanny
J1 Visa – Visa Trainee or Internship
K1 Visa – Fiancé visa
B1 and B2 Visas – Visas for Visitors (Business and Pleasure)
TN Visa – Works Visas for Canadian and Mexican Nationals
E-3 Visas – Work Visas for Australian Nationals
Contact Our Firm
While this website provides general information, it does not constitute legal advice. The best way to get guidance on your specific legal issue is to contact a lawyer. To schedule a meeting with an attorney, please call 323-857-0034 or complete the intake form below.
"*" indicates required fields
Let Us Earn Your Trust
Bolour / Carl Immigration Group is a full service immigration law firm. We have been representing immigrants, nonimmigrants, families, businesses, employees, and the like, from around the globe for over 25 years. With over 25 years of experience exclusively in the field of Immigration Law, we have garnered the knowledge to handle the most complex cases and adequately represent a wide range of clientele. The size of our firm ensures that all of our clients receive hands on service from their attorneys and a direct line of communication with our attorneys.