Our team has over 30 years of experience in obtaining U.S. citizenship for our clients. At our firm, you will be surrounded by a team of attorneys dedicated to meet your goal of becoming a Naturalized citizen of the U.S. and will be by your side every step of the way including your interview in front of a USCIS Officer.
Eligibility for Naturalization:
To be eligible to naturalize and become a full citizen of the U.S., the general requirements are:
- You are at least 18 years of age
- A green card holder for at least 3 or 5 years (depending on how you are applying)
- Have maintained continuous physical presence in the U.S. for 30 months or longer from the date of filing
- Have continuously resided in the U.S. for the required statutory period
- Are a person of good moral character
- Able to pass English Test (with some exceptions)
- Able to pass the civics exam (with some exemptions)
- Have lived in the U.S. and the state from which you file your naturalization application for at least three months before filing; and
- Support the Constitution and form of government of the U.S.
If you have any questions about your eligibility or anything related to the process of becoming a Naturalized citizen of the U.S. please do not hesitate to contact our office. We are here to help.
Understanding Naturalization In The United States
A Los Angeles naturalization attorney will tell clients that naturalization holds a special place in the realm of immigration law. It is the ultimate goal for many individuals who come to the United States seeking a new beginning and a brighter future. In this comprehensive discussion, we will delve into the intricacies of naturalization, shedding light on the process, requirements, and the importance of consulting with an attorney to navigate this complex path successfully.
The Path To U.S. Citizenship
Naturalization is the process through which foreign-born individuals can become U.S. citizens. It is a significant milestone that grants them the full rights and privileges of American citizenship, including the right to vote and the ability to sponsor family members for immigration.
To qualify for naturalization, applicants must meet certain eligibility criteria. These criteria include:
- Permanent Residency: Applicants must have held a valid green card, or Permanent Resident Card, for at least five years (or three years if married to a U.S. citizen).
- Physical Presence: During the five-year period (or three years for spouses of U.S. citizens), the applicant must have been physically present in the United States for at least half of the time.
- Continuous Residence: Continuous residence means maintaining your primary residence in the United States. Extended trips abroad can disrupt this continuity.
- Good Moral Character: Applicants are expected to demonstrate good moral character. Criminal convictions, tax evasion, or fraudulent activities may negatively impact an application.
- Knowledge of English and U.S. Government: Applicants must pass an English and civics test unless they qualify for an exemption.
Navigating The Naturalization Process
The naturalization process involves a series of steps, starting with the submission of Form N-400, the Application for Naturalization. One crucial component of a successful application is gathering all necessary documentation and completing this form accurately.
After submitting the application, applicants will be scheduled for an interview and a civics and English language test. The interview assesses an applicant’s understanding of the English language and their knowledge of U.S. government and history. For some, this can be a daunting task, which is why the guidance of a Los Angeles naturalization attorney can be invaluable.
Why Legal Assistance Matters
Navigating the naturalization process alone can be challenging. Immigration laws are complex and subject to change. Moreover, each applicant’s case is unique, and the process can be influenced by factors such as criminal history, prior immigration violations, and eligibility waivers.
This is where the Bolour / Carl Immigration Group, APC comes into play. We understand that obtaining U.S. citizenship is a dream for many, and we are committed to helping our clients turn that dream into a reality. Our legal professionals have a deep understanding of immigration laws and extensive experience in handling naturalization cases.
The Benefits Of U.S. Citizenship
Becoming a U.S. citizen offers numerous advantages. Citizens have the right to vote in federal elections, which allows them to actively participate in shaping the nation’s future. Additionally, they can sponsor family members for immigration, providing opportunities for loved ones to join them in the United States.
Furthermore, U.S. citizens are protected from deportation, as they cannot lose their citizenship status unless it was obtained through fraud. This security provides peace of mind and stability for individuals and their families.
Taking The Next Step
Understanding naturalization in the United States is pivotal for those on the path to becoming citizens. It is a journey that requires meeting specific eligibility criteria, passing tests, and adhering to immigration laws. For individuals seeking guidance and support through this process, our firm stands ready to assist.
Our experienced attorneys are here to help you navigate the complexities of naturalization law and guide you towards achieving your goal of U.S. citizenship. Contact us today to take the first step towards your American dream.
When encroaching upon the naturalization process, it’s important to navigate the complexities with a legal professional. Contact the Los Angeles naturalization attorney experts at Bolour / Carl Immigration Group, APC for personalized guidance and a smoother path to U.S. citizenship. Your dream of becoming a U.S. citizen is within reach – reach out to us today!
"Professionalism, friendly, respectful, helpful and always answering any questions I had. The long journey has brought me a mix of emotions but the team of Bolour Immigration Group and particularly Scott and Ally have proven to be the right choice to help me get through."
Los Angeles Office
5169 W Washington Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90016
Let Us Earn Your Trust
Welcome to Bolour / Carl Immigration Group, we are comprehensive immigration legal specialists. For over 25 years, we've stood as a pillar of expertise in immigration law. Our dedicated team offers unmatched guidance to individuals, professionals, families, and businesses both locally in California as well as internationally.
For us, immigration isn't simply about the legalities. Immigration law is about realizing dreams, building futures, and connecting worlds. In our firm, you're more than just a case. We see our clients as the individuals they are with dreams that we're passionate about bringing to life. Our firm's approach guarantees personal attention, ensuring each client feels recognized and understood.
Embark on your immigration journey with confidence, with Bolour / Carl by your side..