Family Petitions & Fiancé Visas

Home » Visas » Immigrant Visas » Family Petitions & Fiancé Visas

Under U.S. immigration law, U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents may file family petitions to sponsor their relatives for immigrant visas, known as green cards. The closer the family relationship is between the two parties, the less restrictive it is to obtain immigrant status. Fiancé (e) visas are also available for foreign citizens who wish to enter the U.S. to marry a U.S. citizen. A petition must also be filed for this purpose by the U.S. citizen wishing to bring his or her fiancé (e) into the country for marriage purposes.

If you need legal assistance in preparing a petition, whether it is for family-based immigration or for a fiancé (e), the Bolour/Carl Immigration Group is here to help you. Our Los Angeles immigration attorney has more than 15 years of legal experience in handling all types of immigration matters. Our firm is devoted exclusively to the practice of U.S. immigration law.

Family Petitions

U. S. citizens can petition for immigrant visas on behalf of spouses, children, parents, unmarried children over 21 and their children, married children and their children, and siblings and their families. The closer the family connection, the more priority the petition will receive. Spouses and children under 21 generally will have the shortest waiting times. Visas beyond this category take longer due to a restricted number of visas allowable per year. Lawful permanent residents may file petitions for spouses, children under 21, and unmarried children over 21.

Fiancé (E) Visas

The petition for a fiancé (e) visa must include proof of U.S. citizenship by the petitioner, show that you and your fiancé (e) intend to marry within 90 days of his or her entry into the U.S., that you are both free to marry, and that you have met with each other in person at least one time within 2 years of filing your petition. Exceptions may be made to the last rule in some cases. This visa allows your fiancé (e) to enter the U.S. for 90 days so that your wedding can occur. After marriage, your spouse can then apply for a green card and may remain in the U.S. while the application is being processed. Your fiancé (e)’s children may also be included in this process.

Contact the Los Angeles immigration lawyer at the firm for reliable legal assistance with your family or fiancé (e) petition today.

Client Review

"Professionalism, friendly, respectful, helpful and always answering any questions I had. The long journey has brought me a mix of emotions but the team of Bolour Immigration Group and particularly Scott and Ally have proven to be the right choice to help me get through."
Client Review

Los Angeles Office
5169 W Washington Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90016

Let Us Earn Your Trust

Welcome to Bolour / Carl Immigration Group, we are comprehensive immigration legal specialists. For over 25 years, we've stood as a pillar of expertise in immigration law. Our dedicated team offers unmatched guidance to individuals, professionals, families, and businesses both locally in California as well as internationally.

For us, immigration isn't simply about the legalities. Immigration law is about realizing dreams, building futures, and connecting worlds. In our firm, you're more than just a case. We see our clients as the individuals they are with dreams that we're passionate about bringing to life. Our firm's approach guarantees personal attention, ensuring each client feels recognized and understood.

Embark on your immigration journey with confidence, with Bolour / Carl by your side..