What is an O-1A classification?
The O-1A classification applies to foreign nationals who are nationally or internationally recognized for their extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics and want to continue that extraordinary work in the U.S.
What does extraordinary ability in these fields mean?
Extraordinary ability in these fields is defined as having a level of expertise that demonstrates that the person is at the top of their field.
Who can apply?
An O-1 petition may only be filed by a U.S employer, U.S. agent, or foreign employers through U.S. agents.
What kind of documentation do I need?
Evidence of extraordinary ability in these categories is established by demonstrating three of the following:
- Receipt of nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards in the field
- Membership in an association which requires outstanding achievements of its members
- Published material in professional or major trade publications or major media relating to the person’s work in the field
- Participation in a panel or as an individual judge over work of others in the same or similar field
- Scholarly, scientific, or business-related contributions of major significance to the field
- Authorship in professional or scholarly journals or other major media
- Employment in a critical or essential capacity in distinguished organizations or establishments
- An actual or prospective high salary
- Other comparable evidence establishing eligibility
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in contacting our office. Call us at (323) 857-0034 today, or complete our online inquiry form to request a meeting or case evaluation.
We also speak Spanish and Persian for your convenience.
Family Petitions & Fiancé Visas
Work & Investor Visas
The H-1B Visa
H-2A Agricultural Visa
H-2B Visa Program – Temporary Work Visas for Seasonal Workers
E-2 & EB-5 Visas
L Visas – Visas for Managers, Executives, Specialized knowledge employees of Multinational Corporations
P-1A Sports Visa
B-1 Visa for Nanny
J1 Visa – Visa Trainee or Internship
K1 Visa – Fiancé visa
B1 and B2 Visas – Visas for Visitors (Business and Pleasure)
TN Visa – Works Visas for Canadian and Mexican Nationals
E-3 Visas – Work Visas for Australian Nationals
"Professionalism, friendly, respectful, helpful and always answering any questions I had. The long journey has brought me a mix of emotions but the team of Bolour Immigration Group and particularly Scott and Ally have proven to be the right choice to help me get through."
Los Angeles Office
5169 W Washington Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90016
Let Us Earn Your Trust
Welcome to Bolour / Carl Immigration Group, we are comprehensive immigration legal specialists. For over 25 years, we've stood as a pillar of expertise in immigration law. Our dedicated team offers unmatched guidance to individuals, professionals, families, and businesses both locally in California as well as internationally.
For us, immigration isn't simply about the legalities. Immigration law is about realizing dreams, building futures, and connecting worlds. In our firm, you're more than just a case. We see our clients as the individuals they are with dreams that we're passionate about bringing to life. Our firm's approach guarantees personal attention, ensuring each client feels recognized and understood.
Embark on your immigration journey with confidence, with Bolour / Carl by your side..