Choosing the right work visa for you


Los Angeles Work/Employment-based Visa Lawyers

The Bolour/Carl Immigration Group has been representing employers, employees, investors, businesses, athletes, and entertainers for over 25 years.  If you are interested in coming to the U.S. to work for a U.S.-based entity, hire a foreign national to work for your U.S. business, or intend to invest in a business then one of the below-listed employment-based visas may be an option for you to accomplish your goals. 

Types of Work/Employment-based Visas

  • Exceptional ability in the arts, entertainment, and or their field of work may be eligible for a temporary work visa in the O-1A or O1B Artist Visa.
  • College graduates may fit under an H-1B Visa.        
  • Seasonal Workers would look for an H-2B Visa.
  • Farmworkers will seek an H-2A Agricultural Visa.   
  • Interns and Trainees will apply for a J1 Visa. 
  • Executives, Managers, and employees with specialized knowledge most often fit under the L Visa. 
  • Mexican and Canadian Nationals with a Bachelor’s Degree may look to a TN Visa. 
  • Nanny’s seeking to come work for a family will look to a B1 Visa for Nanny.
  • Australian Nationals with a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent may look for an E3 Visa.
  • Investors and Entrepreneurs investing in their own business or purchase an existing business can seek an E-2 Investor Visa or Visa for entrepreneurs.
  • Athletes looking to compete in the United States will look for a P-1A Sports Visa
  • Fiancé(e)s looking to marry a U.S. citizen will seek a K-1 Fiancé(e) Visa

Work/Employment-Based Visa Application Process

For each of these visas, a qualified employer must submit a petition with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on your behalf, using Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, and include supporting documentation. Different visas have additional requirements for employers. For the H-1B visa, for instance, the employer must file a labor condition application (LCA) with the Department of Labor (DOL), while H-2A and H-2B visas require that temporary labor certification applications be filed with the DOL. 

Our work/employment-based visa lawyers are happy to help you determine which work visa category is the best fit given your needs and a particular set of facts. We pride ourselves on finding the right solutions for our clients. If you would like to discuss any matters regarding work/employment-based visas, contact us today at 323-857-0034!

Let Us Earn Your Trust

Bolour / Carl Immigration Group is a full service immigration law firm. We have been representing immigrants, nonimmigrants, families, businesses, employees, and the like, from around the globe for over 25 years. With over 25 years of experience exclusively in the field of Immigration Law, we have garnered the knowledge to handle the most complex cases and adequately represent a wide range of clientele. The size of our firm ensures that all of our clients receive hands on service from their attorneys and a direct line of communication with our attorneys.Learn More