Choosing the Right Employment-based Visa for You
The Bolour/Carl Immigration Group’s work visa lawyers have been representing employers, employees, investors, businesses, athletes, and entertainers for over 25 years. If you are interested in coming to the U.S. to work for a U.S.-based entity, hire a foreign national to work for your U.S. business, or intend to invest in a business then one of the below-listed work visas may be an option for you to accomplish your goals.
Types of Work Visas
- Exceptional ability in the arts, entertainment, and or their field of work may be eligible for a temporary work visa in the O-1A or O1B Artist Visa.
- College graduates may fit under an H-1B Visa.
- Seasonal Workers would look for an H-2B Visa.
- Farmworkers will seek an H-2A Agricultural Visa.
- Interns and Trainees will apply for a J1 Visa.
- Executives, Managers, and employees with specialized knowledge most often fit under the L Visa.
- Mexican and Canadian Nationals with a Bachelor’s Degree may look to a TN Visa.
- Nanny’s seeking to come work for a family will look to a B1 Visa for Nanny.
- Australian Nationals with a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent may look for an E3 Visa.
- Investors and Entrepreneurs investing in their own business or purchase an existing business can seek an E-2 Investor Visa or Visa for entrepreneurs.
- Athletes looking to compete in the United States will look for a P-1A Sports Visa.
- Fiancé(e)s looking to marry a U.S. citizen will seek a K-1 Fiancé Visa.
How to apply for employment-based visas
For each of these work visas, a qualified employer must submit a petition with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on your behalf, using Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, and include supporting documentation. Different visas have additional requirements for employers. For the H-1B visa, for instance, the employer must file a labor condition application (LCA) with the Department of Labor (DOL), while H-2A and H-2B visas require that temporary labor certification applications be filed with the DOL.
Our Los Angeles employment-based visa lawyers are happy to help you determine which work visa category is the best fit given your needs and a particular set of facts. We pride ourselves on finding the right solutions for our clients. If you would like to discuss any matters regarding work visas, contact us today at 323-857-0034.
Family Petitions & Fiancé Visas
Work & Investor Visas
The H-1B Visa
H-2A Agricultural Visa
H-2B Visa Program – Temporary Work Visas for Seasonal Workers
E-2 & EB-5 Visas
L Visas – Visas for Managers, Executives, Specialized knowledge employees of Multinational Corporations
P-1A Sports Visa
B-1 Visa for Nanny
J1 Visa – Visa Trainee or Internship
K1 Visa – Fiancé visa
B1 and B2 Visas – Visas for Visitors (Business and Pleasure)
TN Visa – Works Visas for Canadian and Mexican Nationals
E-3 Visas – Work Visas for Australian Nationals
"Professionalism, friendly, respectful, helpful and always answering any questions I had. The long journey has brought me a mix of emotions but the team of Bolour Immigration Group and particularly Scott and Ally have proven to be the right choice to help me get through."
Los Angeles Office
5169 W Washington Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90016
Let Us Earn Your Trust
Welcome to Bolour / Carl Immigration Group, we are comprehensive immigration legal specialists. For over 25 years, we've stood as a pillar of expertise in immigration law. Our dedicated team offers unmatched guidance to individuals, professionals, families, and businesses both locally in California as well as internationally.
For us, immigration isn't simply about the legalities. Immigration law is about realizing dreams, building futures, and connecting worlds. In our firm, you're more than just a case. We see our clients as the individuals they are with dreams that we're passionate about bringing to life. Our firm's approach guarantees personal attention, ensuring each client feels recognized and understood.
Embark on your immigration journey with confidence, with Bolour / Carl by your side..