Green Card Lawyer Los Angeles, CA
Falling in love and then making plans to stay in the same country is a situation that a Los Angeles, CA green card lawyer has assisted numerous couples with. The joy of entering matrimony can suddenly become overwhelming when you realize that you have to deal with the immigration aspect. There will be paperwork to complete and you have to show proof that your relationship is real. We hope that if you are in need of help regarding a green card matter, you contact us at Bolour/Carl Immigration Group, APC as soon as possible.
The green card process can be overwhelming, and even minor errors can result in significant setbacks. A seasoned lawyer can be instrumental in guiding you through the intricacies of the application, ensuring that all details are accurately addressed. With the knowledge of a lawyer, it can make the difference between a successful and rejected application.
Embarking on the path to U.S. residency is a significant step. It’s a testament to your commitment and dreams for a prosperous future in this great nation. The decision to apply for a green card is monumental, symbolizing hope, aspiration, and the desire to contribute meaningfully to the American tapestry. While the process can be intricate and sometimes intimidating, with careful preparation, research, and diligence, you can navigate it effectively. Seeking legal counsel early can help make the process go much more smoothly.
If you’re navigating the complex and often overwhelming process of obtaining a green card in Los Angeles, you don’t have to go it alone. The journey to permanent residency in the United States can be a challenging one, but with the expertise of a dedicated Los Angeles Green Card Lawyer from Bolour / Carl Immigration Group, APC, it becomes a smoother and more manageable experience.
Your Path To A Green Card
The road to securing a green card, also known as lawful permanent residency, is marked by its intricacies and rigorous requirements. To successfully navigate this path, you need a knowledgeable and experienced attorney who understands the intricacies of U.S. immigration law. A Green Card Lawyer in Los Angeles from Bolour / Carl Immigration Group, APC, can be your trusted guide through this journey.
Why Choose Our Firm?
Bolour / Carl Immigration Group, APC, has established a strong reputation in Los Angeles and beyond for providing top-tier immigration legal services. Our dedicated team of Green Card Lawyers in Los Angeles is committed to helping individuals and families achieve their dream of permanent residency. Here’s why you should choose us:
- Expertise: Our attorneys specialize in immigration law, with a focus on green card applications. We have a deep understanding of the laws, regulations, and processes involved.
- Personalized Service: We recognize that every client’s situation is unique. Our Green Card Lawyers in Los Angeles take the time to understand your specific circumstances and craft a tailored legal strategy.
- Proven Track Record: Over the years, we have helped numerous clients successfully obtain green cards. Our track record speaks for itself.
- Clear Communication: We believe in keeping our clients informed at every step of the process. You’ll always know what’s happening with your case.
The Benefits Of A Green Card
Securing a green card is a significant milestone in your journey to becoming a permanent resident of the United States. With a green card, you gain several benefits, including:
- The right to live and work anywhere in the U.S.
- Access to healthcare and education benefits
- Protection under U.S. laws
- Eligibility to apply for U.S. citizenship after meeting certain requirements
Your Future Starts Here
Embarking on the path to permanent residency can be both exciting and daunting. Bolour / Carl Immigration Group, APC, is here to make the process smoother and more manageable for you. Let us help you turn your dreams of permanent residency in Los Angeles into a reality.
Don’t wait any longer to take the first step. Contact our experienced Green Card Lawyers in Los Angeles today and begin your journey towards permanent residency. Your future in the United States starts here.
U.S. Green Card Categories
- Family-Sponsored Green Cards
- Immediate Relatives of U.S. Citizens: This includes spouses, unmarried children under 21, and parents of U.S. citizen petitioners 21 or older.
- Family Preference Categories: This includes siblings of U.S. citizens, married or unmarried adult children of U.S. citizens, and spouses and unmarried children (of any age) of permanent residents.
- Employment-Based Green Cards
- EB-1: For individuals with extraordinary ability in the arts, sciences, education, business, or athletics; outstanding professors and researchers; and multinational managers or executives.
- EB-2: For individuals with advanced degrees or exceptional ability in the arts, sciences, or business.
- EB-3: For skilled workers, professionals, and other workers.
- EB-4: For special immigrants, including religious workers, employees of U.S. foreign service posts, retired employees of international organizations, alien minors who are wards of courts in the U.S., and other classes of aliens.
- EB-5: For investors who invest a certain amount of money in a new commercial enterprise that creates jobs for U.S. workers.
- Diversity Visa (DV) Lottery
- Annually, the U.S. Department of State conducts a lottery for citizens of countries with historically low rates of immigration to the U.S. Winners of the lottery have a chance to apply for a Green Card.
- Refugee and Asylee Status
- Individuals granted asylum or refugee status in the U.S. can apply for a Green Card after a certain period.
- Green Card for Human Trafficking and Crime Victims
- This is for victims of human trafficking (T nonimmigrant status) and victims of certain crimes (U nonimmigrant status) who assist law enforcement in the investigation or prosecution of criminal activity.
- Green Card for Victims of Abuse
- This includes VAWA (Violence Against Women Act) self-petitioners, abused spouses or children under the Cuban Adjustment Act, Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act, Nicaraguan and Central American Relief Act, and other specific laws.
- Other Special Programs
- There are various other specific programs and laws through which one can obtain a Green Card, such as the Cuban Adjustment Act, the Lautenberg Parolee category, and the Indochinese Parole Adjustment Act.
If you or someone you know is seeking guidance on obtaining a U.S. Green Card, the experienced attorneys at Bolour / Carl Immigration Group, APC are here to help. With a deep understanding of U.S. immigration laws and a commitment to personalized service, we strive to provide the best possible legal assistance to our clients.
Green Card Infographic
If you want to seek a green card by marrying a United States citizen or holder of a green card, you can do this in two different ways. Consular processing is a good choice if your immigrant spouse is living outside of the country. Filing a marriage-based application permits the spouse to get an interview within their own country of origin or residence, be provided an immigrant visa, and then come to the U.S. as a permanent resident by law. After being admitted into America the immigrating individual will receive their green card.
Adjustment of Status
If your spouse is already residing here in the U.S., then filing for an adjustment of status is probably best. An immigrant who was admitted to the country can send in an application to become a permanent resident while still here. But as a Los Angeles green card lawyer notes, if your immigrant spouse has come into the country illegally, violated U.S. immigration laws, or committed fraud to come here, they may need a waiver for that violation before being permitted to hold a green card status. If you have questions about how to have your spouse become an American resident lawfully, contact our law firm right away.
Having to prove your marriage to immigration may not feel romantic, but is a necessary step if you want your spouse to remain in the country with you legally. You will be required to send in proof in good faith that your marriage is legitimate. Examples of documents to submit as evidence include marriage certificates, birth certificates, wedding announcements, joint bank accounts, apartment leases, house deeds (with names and signatures of each spouse), joint insurance policies, joint auto registration, driver’s licenses with addresses that match, and photographs of you both together throughout the relationship.
Tips For Applying For Green Cards
Trying to navigate the immigration system can be confusing and full of obstacles, as a Los Angeles, CA green card lawyer knows. Whether you’re seeking to reunite with family, pursue a job opportunity, or make the U.S. your permanent home, the green card application process demands meticulous attention to detail. As experienced legal professionals, Bolour / Carl Immigration Group, APC is dedicated to guiding individuals through this complex journey. Based on our extensive experience as Los Angeles green card lawyers, we’ve outlined four essential tips to assist you in your pursuit of U.S. residency.
Gather Comprehensive Documentation:
One of the most common reasons for delays or denials in the green card process is incomplete or insufficient documentation. Ensure you gather every necessary document from the start, such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, financial documents, and any other evidence supporting your application. There are also translations available for any documents that you may need if you are not a native English speaker.
Understand Your Eligibility:
A Los Angeles green card lawyer will tell you to identify the category that you are applying for before you begin the application. Whether it’s family-sponsored, employment-based, or any other specific category, understanding your eligibility can streamline the process and help prevent unnecessary hiccups. Familiarize yourself with the particular requirements of each category to ensure you meet the criteria.
Stay Updated On Policy Changes:
Immigration law is always evolving and can change at any time. They can change based on legislative decisions or shifts in governmental leadership. As such, it’s crucial to stay informed about any new developments that might impact your application. Regularly check the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website or consider consulting an experienced immigration lawyer for updates to ensure you’re not caught off guard.
How to Renew a Green Card in California
Renewing a Green Card in California follows the same procedure as in any other state since immigration is a federal matter, governed by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to renew your Green Card:
- Determine Eligibility: Ensure that your Green Card is either expired or will expire within the next six months. If your card is lost, stolen, or damaged, you’ll need to follow a different process.
- File Form I-90:
- Obtain and complete Form I-90, “Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card.”
- You can fill out this form online on the USCIS website or download and mail it in.
- Make sure to provide accurate information and follow the instructions carefully.
- Pay the Filing Fee:
- As of my last update in January 2022, the fee for filing Form I-90 is $455. There’s an additional $85 biometric fee for applicants under the age of 79, bringing the total to $540 for most applicants.
- Fees can be paid online if you’re filing online. If mailing, you can pay with a money order, personal check, or cashier’s check.
- Submit Evidence:
- Include a copy of your Green Card (both sides) or, if it’s lost, a copy of another form of identification.
- If your name has changed since your last Green Card was issued, provide legal documentation of the name change (e.g., marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order).
- Attend Biometrics Appointment (if applicable):
- After filing, you may receive an appointment notice for biometrics collection. Attend this appointment at the local Application Support Center (ASC). They will take your fingerprints, photo, and signature.
- Wait for Decision:
- Once you’ve submitted your application and attended your biometrics appointment (if required), USCIS will process your application. This can take several months.
- You can check the status of your application online using the receipt number provided after filing.
- Receive Your New Green Card:
- If approved, your new Green Card will be mailed to you. Make sure USCIS has your correct mailing address.
- Seek Legal Assistance if Needed:
- If you encounter any issues or have concerns about your application, consider consulting with an immigration attorney. They can provide guidance tailored to your specific situation.
Remember, it’s essential to keep your Green Card valid, as it serves as proof of your permanent residency and right to live and work in the U.S. Always start the renewal process well in advance of your card’s expiration date to avoid potential complications.
Los Angeles Green Card
If you’re considering navigating the complex pathways to obtaining lawful permanent residency in the United States, you might have questions about the role of a Los Angeles, CA Green Card lawyer at Bolour / Carl Immigration Group, APC in this process. Below are some inquiries we frequently address at our firm.
What Exactly Does A Green Card Lawyer Do?
A Green Card lawyer specializes in immigration law, with a focus on assisting clients in obtaining lawful permanent residency in the United States. This type of attorney is well-versed in the latest immigration policies and procedures and can provide invaluable guidance throughout the Green Card application process. From preparing and submitting your application to representing you in interviews with immigration officials, a Los Angeles Green Card lawyer is there to help mitigate the risk of errors and delays that can occur when navigating the immigration system without professional assistance.
How Can A Green Card Lawyer Assist Me?
Los Angeles is a mosaic of cultures, and as such, the demand for immigration legal services is significant. A Los Angeles Green Card lawyer is particularly attuned to the nuances and specific requirements that applicants in the area may face. They can provide personalized legal advice and representation tailored to the unique circumstances of individuals in the region. By choosing a local expert, you benefit from their knowledge of local resources, as well as their proximity to face-to-face meetings and accessibility during each step of your application process.
Is It Necessary To Hire A Green Card Lawyer To Apply For A Green Card?
While it’s not a legal requirement to hire an attorney when applying for a Green Card, the complexities of immigration law often make it a wise decision. A Green Card lawyer can help avoid common pitfalls and ensure that all paperwork is completed accurately and thoroughly. Especially in cities like Los Angeles, where the immigrant population is high, having a seasoned lawyer by your side can provide a competitive edge and peace of mind. They can navigate the legalities while you focus on preparing for your new life in the United States.
What Should I Look For When Choosing A Green Card Lawyer?
When selecting a Green Card lawyer, consider their experience, reputation, and your personal comfort level with them. Look for a lawyer who has a track record of successfully handling Green Card cases, especially those with circumstances similar to yours. Client testimonials and peer reviews can provide insight into a lawyer’s reputation. Lastly, it’s crucial that you feel comfortable and confident in your lawyer’s ability to represent and guide you, as you will be working closely with them throughout your application process.
Can A Green Card Lawyer Help If My Application Has Been Denied?
Absolutely. A Los Angeles Green Card lawyer can be particularly helpful if you encounter setbacks like a denial. They can review your application to identify any issues that led to the denial and advise you on the best course of action, whether it’s filing an appeal or reapplying. Their expertise is crucial in understanding the reasons behind the denial and preparing a more robust application if necessary. At our firm, we understand that the journey to obtaining a Green Card is a deeply personal and significant one. Our dedicated team is committed to providing the legal support you need to navigate this process with confidence.
If you’re looking for a trusted partner to guide you through the Green Card application process, we invite you to reach out to us at Bolour / Carl Immigration Group, APC. Contact our office today to schedule a consultation, and let us help you take the first step toward your American dream.
Contact Our Los Angeles Green Card Lawyer Today!
Due to the risk of being denied or encountering problems with your spouse’s green card application, it is recommended that you have a Los Angeles green card lawyer assist you. We can prepare you for your applications so that they are as strong as possible for approval. We understand that getting married is supposed to be a harmonious event, and issues with immigration can put a damper on that experience. For further guidance from our team, contact Bolour/Carl Immigration Group, APC as soon as you are ready. We hope to speak with you today.
If you’re looking for personalized guidance, expertise, and a committed partner in your journey, consider reaching out to Bolour / Carl Immigration Group, APC. Our dedicated team is here to assist, ensuring you’re well-equipped to tackle each phase of the application process. With a blend of professionalism and compassion, we aim to demystify the complexities and stand by you every step of the way. Get in touch with a skilled Los Angeles green card lawyer if you have any questions about the immigration process or need assistance with your case.