Does your Nanny Need a Visa to Travel with You?

Home » Visas » Non-Immigrant Visas » B1 Visa for Nanny

B1 Visa for NannyMany people with demanding jobs use domestic employees, such as nannies, to make their lives easier. However, bringing children and their non-citizen nanny along on an international trip can sometimes be difficult. Obtaining a domestic employee visa is usually the way to go, but there are strict requirements.

At Bolour/Carl Immigration Group, we know how important it is to keep children’s lives as smooth and predictable as possible. That is why our attorneys have helped many travelers in your position obtain nanny visas, whether traveling to California or other states.

What Are The Requirements?

The people who need these visas are often athletes, performers or others whose jobs require an extended, temporary stay in the United States. This special kind of B-1 visa is only available under very specific circumstances:

You must be a U.S. citizen who is not living permanently in the United States.
The nanny or domestic employee is not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
An employment contract exists between you and the nanny, in which you agree to pay them at least the minimum wage of whatever states you will be in, plus expenses for room, board and travel.
The nanny cannot engage in any other paid labor while using the visa.
These visas often last for one year, but can extend as long as five years, depending on the circumstances.

Ensuring Compliance

The strictest requirements for this visa involve the employment contract. We will ensure that your contract includes all necessary elements and complies as fully as possible. While this does not guarantee that the visa will be approved, it will give you the best possible chance of success. These visas are an area of particular focus for our firm and we have a track record of approval.

Let Us Help You With Your International Trip

Extended international trips and work assignments are hard enough without having to worry about child care and other duties. Our lawyers will help you keep as much continuity as possible through a domestic employee visa. We have practiced immigration law for a long time and know how the system works.

Please contact us at our Los Angeles office to find out how we can help. You can email our legal team or call 323-857-0034.

B1 And B2 Visas For Maids

If you’re coming to the US as a nanny or maid, a B-1 visa for nanny lawyer can help. These visas are key tools for people around the world to connect with business opportunities and to explore the vast cultural and recreational landscapes of the U.S. As immigration attorneys, we guide our clients through understanding and complying with the terms of their visas to ensure their stays are successful and free of legal difficulties.

Understanding B1 And B2 Visa Conditions

The B1 visa is primarily for those who plan to engage in business-related activities such as meetings, consultations, or conferences. On the other hand, the B2 visa caters to visitors interested in tourism, visiting friends or relatives, or receiving medical treatment. It’s important for our clients to be clear about their purposes in the U.S. to align with the appropriate visa category and avoid any breaches of visa conditions.

Duration And Extension Of Stay

Typically, B1 and B2 visa holders are admitted for a period up to six months, though this duration can vary based on the decision of the Customs and Border Protection officer at the port of entry. The date by which a visitor must depart the U.S. is clearly marked on the Form I-94, the Arrival/Departure Record. We remind our clients to keep a vigilant eye on this date, as exceeding it without proper authorization can lead to severe penalties, including being barred from future entry into the United States.

Maintaining Legal Status

Our priority is to help our clients maintain their legal status while they are in the United States. This involves more than just adhering to the expiry date on the I-94 form. Visa holders must also ensure that their activities in the U.S. strictly adhere to what is permitted under their visa category. Engaging in unauthorized work, for instance, or failing to depart the U.S. on the due date, can not only jeopardize their current visa status but also impact future applications for U.S. visas or adjustments of status.

We understand that the rules and regulations governing U.S. visas can be complex and sometimes daunting. This is why our B-1 nanny visa lawyer provides dedicated support to our clients, helping them to interpret these regulations and apply them correctly to their situations. We also represent and assist our clients in interactions with immigration authorities, providing advocacy and support during their stay.

Contact Us Today

If you’re planning a trip to the United States, or if you’re currently here on a B1 or B2 visa and need guidance on extending your stay or ensuring compliance with U.S. immigration laws, we are here to help. Our experience and commitment to our clients’ success mean that we handle each case with the attention and professionalism it deserves.

Together, we can secure the outcome you need for your business activities, leisure, or health-related stay in the U.S. Contact Bolour / Carl Immigration Group, APC today, and see how a B-1 nanny visa lawyer from our office can help.

Applying For A Maid Visa

If you need a B-1 visa for nanny employees, we can help. Since 1993, Bolour / Carl Immigration Group, APC has been helping thousands of clients build their futures in the United States.

If you are considering bringing a maid from another country, securing the appropriate visa is a crucial step. This guide aims to help you understand the process and requirements involved in applying for a maid visa.

Determining Eligibility

The first step in the application process is determining if your prospective maid meets the eligibility requirements. Typically, a maid must be employed outside the United States and must have worked for you for at least one year. Additionally, the employment relationship should be formalized with a contract that outlines the terms of employment, including duties, hours of work, wages, and other conditions.

Preparing The Employment Contract

A comprehensive employment contract is an essential component of the maid visa application. This contract should clearly state the job responsibilities, the salary, which must comply with the prevailing wage laws, and the working conditions. It is important that the contract also includes provisions for medical insurance and other benefits as required by U.S. law.

Submitting The Visa Application

Once the employment contract is in place, the next step involves submitting the B-1 nanny visa application. You will need to complete several forms, including the visa petition and the application for the maid’s visa. Additionally, supporting documents and evidence of your ability to pay the agreed-upon salary, must be included.

Attending The Visa Interview

After the application is submitted, the prospective maid will be required to attend a visa interview at the U.S. consulate in their home country. This interview is a critical part of the application process, as it allows the consular officer to verify the details of the application and assess the maid’s suitability for the visa.

Understanding The Rights And Responsibilities

Once the visa is granted, it is essential to be aware of both your rights and responsibilities as an employer. This includes adhering to all U.S. labor laws, ensuring that the maid is compensated fairly, and providing a safe and healthy working environment. It is also important to maintain proper records of employment and comply with tax and social security obligations.

Seeking Professional Assistance

While the process of applying for a maid visa can be complex, you do not have to go through it alone. At Bolour / Carl Immigration Group, APC, we are dedicated to providing comprehensive support to employers seeking to hire domestic workers from abroad.

Applying for a B-1 visa for a nanny requires careful planning and adherence to legal requirements. Ensuring that all aspects of the application are thoroughly prepared will significantly increase the chances of a successful outcome. If you are considering hiring a maid from abroad, we encourage you to reach out to our team for personalized assistance and guidance.

Let us help you achieve your goals and simplify the process. Contact Bolour / Carl Immigration Group, APC today to schedule a consultation, and see how we can help you through the B-1 nanny visa process.

Client Review

"Professionalism, friendly, respectful, helpful and always answering any questions I had. The long journey has brought me a mix of emotions but the team of Bolour Immigration Group and particularly Scott and Ally have proven to be the right choice to help me get through."
Client Review

Los Angeles Office
5169 W Washington Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90016

Let Us Earn Your Trust

Welcome to Bolour / Carl Immigration Group, we are comprehensive immigration legal specialists. For over 25 years, we've stood as a pillar of expertise in immigration law. Our dedicated team offers unmatched guidance to individuals, professionals, families, and businesses both locally in California as well as internationally.

For us, immigration isn't simply about the legalities. Immigration law is about realizing dreams, building futures, and connecting worlds. In our firm, you're more than just a case. We see our clients as the individuals they are with dreams that we're passionate about bringing to life. Our firm's approach guarantees personal attention, ensuring each client feels recognized and understood.

Embark on your immigration journey with confidence, with Bolour / Carl by your side..