Obtain a Visa as a Trainee or Intern

Home » Visas » Non-Immigrant Visas » J1 Visas for Trainees and Interns

Special visas exist for short-term business and cultural exchange programs. If you have been offered an internship or business training opportunity in the United States, we can facilitate your J-1 visa application and ensure that everything is in order. Our attorneys have helped clients with non-immigrant visas for years with a high level of success, both in California and throughout the country.

Am I Eligible?

These visas are available to trainees and interns. Interns are currently enrolled in a college or university in their home country, while trainees are graduates who are already established in a given industry. In both cases, a host organization must invite you and sponsor your visa through a participating program.

Requirements: Intern

To apply for a J-1 visa as an intern, you must:

  • Be at least 18 years old
  • Stay in the U.S. between three weeks and 12 months
  • Speak English proficiently
  • Be enrolled in a post-secondary, degree-granting program
  • Have financial support that is three times the average monthly rent where you will be living
  • Repeat participation in the internship program is possible, provided you remain eligible.

Requirements: Trainee

These requirements are similar to the intern requirements above, with a few key differences. Trainees often come to the United States for business or medical training. Trainees must:

  • Be at least 18 years old
  • Stay for a minimum of three weeks or maximum of 18 months
  • Speak English proficiently
  • Be a college or university graduate with one year of experience in the relevant industry, or else five years of full-time work experience in the relevant industry.
  • Have financial support totaling three times the average monthly rent expenses in the community where you will live
  • While you may participate in the trainee visa program multiple times, you must have at least 24 months separating your stays in the U.S.

How We Can Assist You

Every intern and trainee must submit a large amount of paperwork to apply for a J-1 visa. Our lawyers will make sure that everything complies with U.S. Department of State rules and regulations. Almost all our clients win approval.

Get Help With Your Visa Application

Our attorneys are committed to helping you take advantage of your opportunity in the United States. Contact our legal team today to find out what services we can offer. You can reach our Los Angeles office by email or phone: 323-218-0465.

Client Review

"Professionalism, friendly, respectful, helpful and always answering any questions I had. The long journey has brought me a mix of emotions but the team of Bolour Immigration Group and particularly Scott and Ally have proven to be the right choice to help me get through."
Client Review

Los Angeles Office
5169 W Washington Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90016

Let Us Earn Your Trust

Welcome to Bolour / Carl Immigration Group, we are comprehensive immigration legal specialists. For over 25 years, we've stood as a pillar of expertise in immigration law. Our dedicated team offers unmatched guidance to individuals, professionals, families, and businesses both locally in California as well as internationally.

For us, immigration isn't simply about the legalities. Immigration law is about realizing dreams, building futures, and connecting worlds. In our firm, you're more than just a case. We see our clients as the individuals they are with dreams that we're passionate about bringing to life. Our firm's approach guarantees personal attention, ensuring each client feels recognized and understood.

Embark on your immigration journey with confidence, with Bolour / Carl by your side..