Since 2017, the US government has imposed a travel ban on citizens from several countries. The ban has been modified since then and it currently extends to the following groups:
- Iran All immigrants and all nonimmigrants, except F (student), M (vocational student) and J (exchange visitor) nonimmigrants (though subject to enhanced screening).
- Libya All immigrants and temporary visitors on business or tourist visas (B-1/B-2).
- North Korea All immigrants and nonimmigrants.
- Somalia All immigrants (enhanced screening of all nonimmigrants).
- Syria All immigrants and nonimmigrants.
- Venezuela Certain government officials and their family members on business or tourist visas (B-1/B-2).
- Yemen All immigrants and temporary visitors on business or Tourist visas (B-1/B-2)
Please be advised that there are other bans in place for travelers to the U.S. Currently the Covid ban is almost global. Additionally, Iranian citizens who in the past, have served in IRGC are subject to a hard ban with no waivers.
Our team can assist in applying for waivers for these bans when applicable and litigate in federal court if necessary. We have a stellar record of success both at consular posts worldwide and federal courts state side.