O-1B Artist Visa Lawyers
What is an O-1B visa classification?
The O-1B artist visa classification is a type of employment visa that applies to foreign nationals who have reached a high level of achievement in the field of fine arts or in the motion picture/television and entertainment industries, and want to continue that extraordinary work in the U.S. Our Los Angeles-based artist visa lawyers can help guide you through each step of the O-1B nonimmigrant visa application process.
What does extraordinary ability in these fields mean?
Extraordinary ability in the field of arts means to be distinguished by achievement requiring skill and recognition so as to be considered renowned, leading, or well known in the field.
Extraordinary ability in the field of motion picture and television production means having high-level accomplishment demonstrated by skill and recognition so as to be considered outstanding, leading, or notable in the field.
Who can apply?
An O-1 petition may only be filed by a U.S employer, U.S. agent, or foreign employers through U.S. agents.
What kind of documentation do I need to apply for an O-1B artist visa?
Evidence of extraordinary achievement in these categories is established by demonstrating that the foreign national has been nominated for or received a significant national or international award or prize or three of any of the following:
- Previous or future performances as a lead or a starring role in productions or events and other performing arts, as shown by reviews, advertisements, or other publications
- National or internationally recognized for achievements as shown by critical reviews, major media, and other publications
- Previous or future performances as a lead, starring, or critical role for distinguished organizations or establishments as shown by newspaper articles, magazines, and other publications
- Record of major commercial or critically acclaimed successes as shown by ratings, box office receipts, magazines, and other publications
- An actual or prospective high salary
- Significant recognition for achievements from others in the field who have authority and success
- Other comparable evidence establishing eligibility
Speak with a Los Angeles artist visa lawyer at Bolour/Carl Immigration Group
If you have any questions about obtaining an O-1B artist visa, please do not hesitate in contacting our immigration attorneys. Call us at (323) 857-0034 today, or complete our online inquiry form to request a meeting or case evaluation.
We also speak Spanish and Persian for your convenience.