Work and Investor Visas


If you need a visa for employment or business travel purposes, several categories exist under U.S. immigration law. The type of visa you will need will depend on the purpose of your visit to the United States and / or your profession and level of expertise in your field. To ensure that your visa application is prepared and submitted accurately and completely, we advise you to consult with the Los Angeles immigration attorney at the Bolour/Carl Immigration Group. Our firm is devoted exclusively to assisting and representing individuals in U.S. immigration matters.


An employment visa differs from a temporary employment-based non-immigrant visa. Employment visas are needed for foreign citizens employed by U.S. corporations, universities, or other groups as well as for business professionals, investors, and entrepreneurs seeking entry to the United States. Very specific rules apply to these types of visas. Categories of those eligible to obtain an employment visa include those with extraordinary abilities or expertise, outstanding researchers or professors, multinational managers or executives, professionals holding advanced degrees or with exceptional ability, skilled workers, professionals, and unskilled workers, specific special immigrants, and immigrant investors. Labor certification is required followed by an approved petition from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.


Those who wish to travel to the U.S. for business-related purposes will need a Business Visitor Visa, called a B-1. This visa may be issued to professional athletes, those investigating a business venture, those who need to attend a conference, meeting, or business event, trade show employees, lecturers or speakers, researchers, commercial or industrial engineers, those involved in sales, or those participating in a training program not intended for employment purposes.

Generally, you will apply for this visa at the U.S. Consulate or Embassy in your country. The Consular official will determine your eligibility at that time, based on your application, interview, and relevant facts presented.

Contact the Los Angeles immigration lawyerat the firm for capable assistance with obtaining an employment or business visa today.

Let Us Earn Your Trust

Bolour / Carl Immigration Group is a full service immigration law firm. We have been representing immigrants, nonimmigrants, families, businesses, employees, and the like, from around the globe for over 25 years. With over 25 years of experience exclusively in the field of Immigration Law, we have garnered the knowledge to handle the most complex cases and adequately represent a wide range of clientele. The size of our firm ensures that all of our clients receive hands on service from their attorneys and a direct line of communication with our attorneys.Learn More